Nov 24, 2012

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

Hi friends,


I hope everyone is having a great weekend. My weekend is also going pretty well although I am trying to spend as much time as I can relaxing and not doing pretty much anything. I know, I know.... weekends are to enjoy and to spend time with all your friends and family. But since I had a very stressful week at the lab (I am a PhD student, so you can imagine), I think I deserve some calm.

And keeping in mind this week's Mo Digital blog's fun and fabulous challenge which is Don't be Square, I decided to play with my Winter Fairy Halla stamp. 


Supplies: Fairy Winter stamp, Copics, Wow glitter, Ribbon, White paint, 2 Patterned Papers,  Cardstock, and Distress Inks.

At first I didn't know which shape I wanted to use (a Christmas sock, tree, wreath...) but  I really like how this project turned out in the end. Isn't the Snowflake shaped card cute? And it is also very versatile: you can use it as a Christmas Card, as a Christmas decoration or even as a centerpiece. 

This is how I manage to pop it out. As you can see from my previous card I like to create a 3-D kind of image or just to try to give it some dimension. 



As you can also appreciate from the photo, I didn't use Copics this time to color the Fairy clothing. Instead, I stamped the image on the same patterned paper as the one I used for the Snowflake to link the fairy to the winter background. For the fluffy sock ties I used a red patterned paper to give him more personality.




Well, the weather outside is frightful, but the browser is so delightful. 
And since we've no place to go,  
Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow. 
Hugs,


  Boo

Entering this card to the following challenges:

13 comments:

  1. this is amazing...so unique! I love your coloring and the pop up. Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Stephanie. What an amazing and unique design. Just adorable. Love the sparklies on her leggings and the North Pole sign with the snow. Very, very, cute.

    Thank you so very much for playing with us at Stamptacular Sunday! We are so happy that you could join in the fun.
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, i love your creativity! Such a cute card! Thanks for stopping by Stamptacular this last week, please join us for our new challenge soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really sweet creation, love the shape of your card & the image is so cute!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles this month, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful creation :0)))

    Thanks for joining us at the Creative Stamping Friends ;0)

    Hugs Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely snow flake card. Stunning! Thanks for playing with us over at Bearly Mine's this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning creation! loving your image so beautifully coloured!!Thanks for joining us at BMC and Diva's hope to see you again
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! This is one of my fav Mo images! Love the little sign as well! Thanks so much for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous creation!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Christmas is coming * challenge

    Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for playing along at allsorts this week. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh oh ohhhhh, this is exquisite! I love it!! It's an adorable card...PLUS it's a fun Christmas ornament. How clever you are!! I am so stealing this idea from you! hehe! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving this design, so different and the image is just adorable.
    Thankyou for joining in with the Allsorts Challenge this week Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow great card. I love this image, it is so on my wish list. Love the design of your card. Lovely work. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete