Jun 14, 2013

You are pretty much my most favorite of all time in the history of ever!

Hello again,




I just wanted to share this layout before I forget. It is one of my favorites of all time because of the happy colors and shapes in it. I love the quoted also, too cute! Everytime I go to Austin (TX) we take a phto in front of that wall...so right now I already have a bunch of those and it is funny how we all changes though the seasons and years. At some point I will make a summing up page!





I made this layout inspired by the pretty, bright and so colorful page from The Pier collection of Crate Paper that I used as the background. Love it!!! At first I just cut the white cardstock 1 inch at the borders. But I wasn't too happy with that because you could only appreciate a little bit of the paper. So I decided to cut an inside window as a way to show it a little bit more. Then

I added the photo which have so many greens and shiny colors that I decided to go with the same colors for the embellishments; mostly orange, rednish pink and yellow. As I used a card with ballons I tried to used the same shapes with the embellishments (mostly Sundrifter flowers and banners from Studio Calico). I think it really has a party or celebration atmosphere. Just perfect for the sentiment. I also used 2 alphabets of the new alphabet from Crate Paper too. They are so much fun. I have used them in so many ways but you will have to wait to see more of these. 


As you can see I am also a huge fan of the Dear Lizzy's collections. But not only I use it a lot because I adore all her designs but also because I won the Lucky Charm collection as a prize on the American Crafts website!! Can you believe this? So I have Dear Lizzy pretty things for years :P


Finally, I created a shiny background inspired by the latest Wilna's In the mood to scrap video on 2peas in a bucket. I created it with white acrylic paint and some gold glitter. Love ths technique!I have learnt literally A LOT from her... although I haven't taken her class yet... but probably this summer because I have heard that is is totally worth it!  



xo xo



Boo






No comments:

Post a Comment