Jul 30, 2013

You are here

Hello,
Today I am here to share my first hybrid page.  And what is a hybrid page? Well, it' s a classic (paper based) and digital combined page. I wanted to try this awesome technique for a long time and yesterday I decided to give it a try. 


I love the digital brushes of the Studio Calico Marcs & Co kits from August. In fact at first I felt in love with the rubber stamps and all the pieces from the main kits but they are totally out of my budget this month so I decide to get the kit look by purchasing the digital elements, which are much less expensive. :)



Isn't this stamp totally gorgeous? It is just perfect for traveling projects or ... actually for any theme! hehe. Just love it!! Then I combined it with some chevrons, hearts and paint splashes from the same set, which you can find here



As I am not a photoshop expert, I searched for some inspiring tutorials and in the end I found how to do this amazing page based on a tutorial from the incredible Shanna Noel. Have you ever had the chance to view her hybrid works? It is so fun and beautiful! I can't wait for her chapter of the new SC class: Toolbox!



This project was also inspired by this week SC challenge. It's focused on big titles and I think my title is big enough, don't you think? ;) It really worked out very well with the photo and the other accents. At first I was scared that it would totally distract from the photo. But with the directional chevrons I think the eyes are drown to our cute little traveling photo. 



For the rest of the page I chose some embellishments that I had on my stash: ribbons, cork washi tape, AC flowers and some other accents here and there. The background paper is also from a past SC collection which combined perfectly well with the colors of the stamp. Then I added some splashes of red from the flowers, pink from the ribbon and papers, and also some beige from the cork, and wood veneers. I try to keep them small and somehow clustered to not disturb the main elements of the page. 



I also added the name of the place with some small thickers. But for the rest of the journaling I placed a card behind the photo, easily visible by pulling out from the paperclip.



I hope you like this idea and I am totally ready to learn new and fun techniques to keep growing as a scrapper. Definitely going to search for new digital brushes to incorporate in upcoming projects.


xoxo


Boo


No comments:

Post a Comment