Jul 10, 2013

You make my heart sing

Wild Thing!!

You make my heart sing, you make everything... groomy... I said wild thing...
Do you remember that song? I did when I first saw this die-cut card a few months ago and I couldn't wait to work with it. But in the end I started playing with other pretty things and I totally forgot about it... However this past week Wilna Furstenberg showed a beautiful project inspired by a song. Did you watch the video at 2peas in a bucket? She challenged us to make the same. So, ladies and gentlemen here is my project based on the song Wild thing by the Troogs.


I love how she played with some twine in a previous project and I thought...uuuhhhmmm that could be great for this!! So I made stave lines with gold and white twine. Then I added some gold sequins here and there and some little hearts with part of the lyrics from the song.  Then I placed the treble clef veneer at the beginning of it and that's it!  Now it totally looks like a staff ready!  Are you ready to play some music? ;)

I also wrote the lyrics at the bottom of the page as a little journaling. Do you see those little white triangles? I used the same technique as in a previous page that you can check here.




Ok. 
Now that I had the basic sketch ready, I placed some embellishments around the photo. As you may have already noticed the color scheme for this page was, white, gold, cream and redish-orange. Therefore, I only chose elements of this color so they combined perfectly with the main element: the Dear Lizzy die-cut card.

I love the effect of layering multiple frames, it gives so much dimension! The cute chipboard heart is made by myself. I colored it with white acrylic paint and some cute lyrics and music staff... but I didn't like it...too boring! So I found a rubb-on from Dear Lizzy with the same quote...and it was shaped like a heart! Perfect!! So I rubbed it over my previous work. In this photo you can see how it looks in the end. 

The Maggie Holmes bow and the Dear Lizzy orange horse (with lyrics from the same song) are the final touches. 


I hope you like this and I hope it inspired you, as if was inspired by Wilna's beautiful work, to make a project based on a song. And if you do, let me a comment here because I' l love to see it.  Meanwhile here is a link to the song Wild Thing!  Don't you love to hear music while you scrap? Besides, it is soooooo easy to find great quotes on songs for scrapbooking.  

See you soon!

xoxo

Boo





2 comments:

  1. m encanta!!! la foto es genial y como has hecho el pentagrama con el twine.. fabuloso!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Laura!!! siii, lo del pentagram ha sido una gran idea, la verdad besos!

      Delete