Sep 23, 2013

You had me at... hello!

Hello!
I know it has been weeks since I shared a project here, but a lot of things have been going on these days... some very exciting, others.... not so much, hehe. All those things have been keeping me very busy, but I am glad to be back. I hope you like some of my projects I wanted to share with you, so stay tuned ;)



I love this kind of project. The kind that when you start with an idea in mind... and it actually ends up looking something completely different but still close to the starting idea. The kind when your creativity flows from one thing to another so quickly that its scary! The ones that in the end you end up having such a great felling for what you have created, something which you feel, expresses the way you felt, at that precise moment.





For this page, I gathered the Double Scoop Waffle Cone September kit from Studio Calico. I complemented it with some other Fall themed supplies, such as fabric buttons. I love to include them on my projects, the kind of embellishments and/or ribbons to mix textures  The cork tag was perfect for this purpose too.



I wanted to try a technique that Anna Maria Wolniak showed a few weeks ago on how to use stripes of  different papers to make your own paper background. I love how it looks! It seems that there are a lot of layers, when there is actually just one. To see the tutorial check it out here. Easy and fun, right? I am sure I will definitely use this awesome technique in future projects.



I completed the basic design with a few bits here and there, some stamping and a few drops of white Mr Hueys tone on tone, to give some texture to the white cardstock. I love how using some different texturized elements and basic techniques, the page looks as if it had a lot of layering.




As I do not own a Silhouette cameo, I printed the digital stamp on a piece of paper and then I used it as a template to cut the cardstock. I used the same cardstock for the background, the one that looks like a wood wall (included in the SC kit). Gorgeous! I popped it out with some dimensional foam stickers.




Thank you so much for joining me today! I hope You like it and don't forget to follow me for more upcoming projects!
xoxo
Boo

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I featured you on the Paper Issues blog today! Thanks for linking us up!! :)

    ReplyDelete