Oct 25, 2013

Runaway with me

Hello Fellows!

Today I bring you such a fun project! Made with the new collection from Studio Calico, Thataway. I am so in love with this collection, it is definitely my favorite one from this season. It's just perfect! Not only for those traveling days but also for the everyday moments. And the colors...OMG! There are so many color combinations! Just like the ones I am showing you today. The warm combo: yellow, orange and pink. I chose this pretty USA map as the background to focus on where the photo took place.



It combines really well with the cold color combo: mint, blue, black. You can see it on the title and on the background paper. So beautiful!! I love the quote: Runaway with me! Oh my...how many times have I thought about this! Haven't you?


As you may already noticed, the feathers are a total trend this season. So I couldn't avoid using them in this page. I love the care free life-style they portray, which feels so close to my own life-style. I added some small pieces with neutral colors around the photo, to make the photo pop a bit, but without having them take the attention away from the map.


I hope you had the chance to spot the compass, the Lone Star and the cacti, which go so well with the theme of this project, I felt. One of the great things about the Collection is the little notes, quotes that you can find through the paper designs, the die-cuts and the stickers. So dreamy!


I wanted to somehow pop out the Texas area so I cut it out from the rest of the map and pointed with some cute arrows and quotes. Yay!


The little labels are so cute, I feel they add a vintage look. I also tried to combine with some color from the college I went there and with a cute wood heart. I can't live without wood veneers!


xoxo 
Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment