Nov 25, 2013

You + Me = US

Happy Monday!

Hope you're having a great start to the week. These past weeks we have had such rainy days that we have even gone on a weather alert; so it has been kind of difficult to do anything outdoors. However we managed to take advantage of the little moments when the rain stopped, to visit the huge variety of movie theaters we have at our disposal and enjoy some films. So today I am sharing with you a layout that I made with some snapshots that we took at home, just for fun (we love doing this kind of stuff).


For this page, I was inspired by one of the latest projects from Elizabeth Kartchner (better known as Dear Lizzy) for Two Peas in a Bucket, find it here. As you can see I scraplifted the main sketch and the idea of the photo-booth pictures, but I just love her style and I thought that these photos that I had would match this projects perfectly.



I love to mix and match different collections and manufacturers as you may have already noticed from my previous projects. Don't you find it more interesting to play with different designs and make them work together, than to work with fully coordinated elements from the same collection? 




So, on the same cluster here you can actually find embellishments from three different collections: Dear Lizzy, Maggie Holmes, and Studio Calico. All of them were chosen to coordinate with the mint striped background paper. Some mint, with pink and black. I simply love the big stamp from Studio Calico. It is the perfect sentiment for a long distance relationship, right?



In the end I think I went a little bit crazy with the white paint, doodling and stamping, because I couldn't stop!I was having so much fun! Have you ever tried to combine these techniques? It gives a beautiful texture to the background .



Thanks for stopping by to take a look!

xoxo

Boo

7 comments:

  1. Hola guapa! Acabo de descubrir tu blog (a través de instagram) y me ha encantado!! tienes un estilo muy colorido, personal, romántico y divertido!! ^^ Te sigo desde ya!!! Un besote!
    Ladylauscrap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Laura!! Me alegro un montón de que te haya gustado mi estilo y... que me hayas encontrado a través de IG suena genial jeje Como ya has notado me encantan los colores y las cosas divertidas, no puedo resistirme! Así que prepárate que pronto vendrán mas cositas :) Un besote!

      Delete
  2. Es precioso el LO que has hecho!!! Lleno de detalles pero con un estilo limpio y sencillo.
    Gracias por participar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muchas gracias KdS Girls! :) me encantan vuestros retos del mes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muy muy chula la página y las fotos superdivertidas!!
    Me gusta!!
    Besitos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias Jes!! Me diverti muchisimo sacandonos esas fotos y claro el layout tenia que refelaajr toda esa diversion :) besos!

      Delete
  5. I think your layout is just incredible. The photos, the design elements all of it is so gorgeous. Thank you for linking up with us at Paper Issues, you are one of my featured projects on the blog today. You can see the post here: http://paperissues.blogspot.ca/2014/01/oh-talent.html

    ReplyDelete