Dec 4, 2013

Life is a playground (Day 3 of ArtClass2 inspired pages)

Hello,

And welcome to one more day to this special week where I share one post per weekday. Today I bring you one of my all time favorite pages that I have ever made. This is a really special page for me, and I am very happy with the result! I love the way it looks. I am so glad that I chose Kraft cardstock as the background. It really makes the colors pop, wouldn't you agree?


For this page I was inspired by chapter 14 of the ArtClass2 workshop by Wilna Furstenberg. I have used many times before acrylic paint for different crafting projects but I have always regretted not using them more in my scrapbooking pages. So I was really pleased to see a chapter in this class focused mainly in the use of acrylic paint. Yaaay!


So, I started by tracing the Studio Calico Honeycomb mask with a pen and coloring the hexagons on a ómbre/rainbow kind of way. Then I used the mask as a stamp and I sprayed on it Mr Huey's grey ink and I pushed it onto the honey comb over the painted acrylic. And remember that it doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful!


I chose this technique for this special page because it reminds me of the paints that kids do. And that is what this page is all about.


The world's a playground. You know that when you are a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it. - Yes Man

 Do you remember that quote from the Yes Man movie? For the ones that do not know me, I am a huge fan of Jim Carrey's movies. They always make me laugh so hard, as kids usually do. And this has been my latest life philosophy; remember that life is meant for you to be happy, to have fun and don't take things to seriously. 


Once my background was dried I placed this silly photo of my boyfriend and I celebrating Movember with our handmade mustaches, and I started placing the embellishments and the big tittle. I am a lover of the gold trend right now and those gold foil numbers were pretty enough to not used them on this page. I wanted to remark the fun we have when it's just the 2 of us, because during classes period we normally see each other only by skype. So for me it is important to squeeze this moments together to be able to remember them through the months when we are far apart. 


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to come tomorrow for another great page.

xoxo

Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment