Mar 18, 2014

Get the most of your Scrapbooking kits (Sugar Rush part 1)

Hello,
Today I fell pretty excited because I finally got a chance to share with you some of the layouts I made with my Studio Calico Sugar Rush kits. These kits are from February but I couldn't open my box of goodies until last week. Because, as many of you may already know from my Instagram feed, I was on vacation the last days of February. I flew to Mexico DF to meet my boyfriend over there. We had some beautiful days away from our responsibilities, eating junk food, going to the cinema (watching all the Oscars nominee movies and the Lego movie as well hehe), spending some quality time around the city and its historical sites and... being just happy! So now, it's time to document those days :)

About the Sugar Rush kits: I got the main Scrapbooking kit (as subscriber) and the PL main kit because even though I do not do Project Life, the embellishments were so good that I had to get them! Besides, I bought separately some of the items I liked the most from the add-on kits as, for example, the gold alphabet or the vellum stickers.

These are the two first layouts I created with these kits:


I specially love this one! This is truly one of my all time favorite ones. I created it with such a few embellishments that I almost had the entire kits left when I finished it. It is mainly composed of the vellum stickers that was included in one of the add-on kits and the photos. One of the things that I love about Mexico is the beautiful colors of the houses so I wanted to translate that into the layout.




I will probably make a mini album about this trip but for now I just wanted to have it documented through some layouts.
The second layout that I made was inspired by the versatile stamp set that was included in the main Scrapbooking kit. I adore those speak bubbles!!! They are great and fun! On the other hand, I don't know if you remember this kit but when you see it the first colors you see are pink- red and white as it was focused on Valentine's day. So I tried to create a layout with a totally different color combo.

So, I came up with this:


By the photo it is a bit difficult to appreciate the beautiful mint cardstock but I swear it is gorgeous in person. I have been enjoying these color combo a lot lately. I mixed mint/aqua with white and gold/kraft. I love it! Have you ever tried out?




I hope you like them and I'll be back in a couple of days with more Sugar Rush layouts!

xoxo

Boo

//////////////////////////////////

Hola,

Hoy estoy realmente muy emocionada ya que al fin he podido sacar un ratin para compartir con vosotros las páginas que he hecho con los kits Sugar Rush de Studio Calico. Estos kits son de febrero, sin embargo no he tenido oportunidad para abrirlos hasta la semana pasada. Porque, como muchos ya sabréis por mi cuenta de Instagram, he estado de vacaciones los últimos días de febrero. Volé a México DF para encontrarme allí mi novio. Disfrutamos de unos días hermosos lejos de nuestras responsabilidades, comiendo comida basura, yendo al cine (para ver todas las películas nominadas a los Oscars y la peli de Lego por supuesto jeje), caminando en torno a la ciudad y sus lugares de interés histórico y ... siendo simplemente feliz! Pero ahora es el momento de documentar esos días :)

Acerca de los kits Sugar Rush: me hice con el kit principal de Scrapbooking (como subscriptora) y el kit principal PL; porque aunque yo no hago PL, los adornos eran increíbles y los quería para mí! Además, me compré por separado algunos de los artículos que más me gustaron de los add-ons como por ejemplo el alfabeto dorado o las pegatinas de papel cebolla.

Estos son los dos primeros diseños que hice con estos kits :
¡El primero me encanta! Es sin duda una de mis páginas favoritos de todos los tiempos. Lo hice con tan sólo con algunos pocos adornos y al terminarlo casi tenía aun los kits intactos. Esta página se compone principalmente de las etiquetas en vellum que se incluyen en uno de los add-ons y las fotos. Una de las cosas que más me gustó de México es los hermosos colores de las casas. Así que quería traducir eso en el diseño.

Probablemente haré un mini-álbum del viaje, pero por ahora quería tenerlo documentado a través de unas pocas páginas de 12x12.

El segundo diseño que hice está inspirado en el set de sellos tan versátiles que incluye el kit principal de Scrapbooking. ¡Adoro los bocadillos de comic! ¡Son geniales ! Por otro lado, no sé si todavía recordáis este kit, pero cuando lo ves lo primero que te llama la atención son los tonos rosa, rojo y blanco distribuidos por todos los elementos, ya que creo que se centraba en San Valentín. Con esta página traté de crear un diseño con un combo de color totalmente diferente a este tan predominante.
Por la foto es un poco difícil de apreciar el hermoso cartulina de color turquesa pero os juro que es una preciosidad en persona. He estado disfrutando de esta combinación de colores mucho últimamente turquesa con blanco y dorado. ¡Me encanta! ¿Alguna vez la has probado?

¡Espero que os gusten y estaré de vuelta en un par de días con más diseñoshechos con Sugar Rush!

xoxo

Boo

No comments:

Post a Comment