Feb 25, 2015

XOXO Mini Album for the Studio Calico Blog

Hello there!
I am beyond excited to tell you that today you can find me at the Studio Calico blog. Yaaaay! Can you believe this? I still not, so pinch me please ;) 
I share there a very special mini album/gift I made using my stash of Studio Calico kits. February is always my favorite month of the year. I am finally starting to say goodbye to the Christmas and Winter holidays whilst I am finally ready for the spring to come. Plus, the 27th is my birthday. Yaaay! I also love February because my boyfriend’s birthday is this month too, and we love to celebrate Valentine’s day as well by doing something fun together.
So this year, I decided to make a mini album about February and us to give to my boyfriend as a Valentine’s day/Birthday present. I was determined to use my stash from previous Studio Calico kits, you know, all those cool bits and pieces, cards and papers that you either hoard or haven't really decided where exactly to use. I also ended up using one of the boxes from the Project Life® kits to use as packaging.


And there is no Valentine’s without some treats, is there? ;) So, I included a little bag of sweets and chocolates and a bunch of confetti for a party theme, right next to the mini album.

For the cover of the mini, I re-used the packaging of the Far Far Away hearts included in the Project Life® main kit. I painted it white and I backed it with some plain vellum. To complete it, I added a (hoarded) heart from the Sugar Rush kit (last February) and some gold alphas (from the High Wire add-on of this February release).
Here you can see some of my favorite pages from the mini album.

As I said before, I mix and matched different embellishments, papers and cards from a lot of previous kits. I really had tons of fun putting this mini together and I was so proud of myself for mixing kits and not just staying with the latest one.


The kits are super versatile, and at the same time they work very well together. Double the fun!


I also found out that sometimes those little things that you had leftover can go very well from previous kits and you can even build your own kit with what you have left.


There isn't much technique involved here, but to make it more interesting, I mixed lots of different elements like transparencies, rub-ons, stamping, die cutting, embossing or simple layering.


I also mix and matched different photos from previous Februaries.


To finish off the album, I punched holes in each page and secured them together with a ring.


You can see as well some of my favorite pages and read a little bit more about this mini album here at the Studio Calico blog. It would be awesome if you could visit the post and share some love with me!
xoxo
Olatz

//////////////

¡Hola a todas!
Estoy super emocionada de al fin poder contaros que hoy me podéis encontrar en el blog de Studio Calico. ¡Siiii! ¿Os lo podéis creer? Yo todavía no, así que pellizcarme por favor ;)
Os enseño un mini álbum/regalo muy especial que hice usando únicamente cosas que me habían ido sobrando de los kits de Studio Calico. Febrero es siempre mi mes favorito del año. Por fin estoy empezando a decir adiós a las vacaciones de Navidad y de invierno, mientras que me voy preparando para que llegue la primavera. Además, el 27 es mi cumpleaños. jeje También me encanta febrero porque es el cumpleaños de mi novio además, y nos encanta celebrar el día de San Valentín haciendo algo divertido juntos.
Podéis ver algunas de mis páginas favoritas y leer un poco más acerca de este mini álbum aquí en el blog de Studio Calico. Sería estupendo si pudierais visitar el post y comentarme por allí que os parece el mini.
xoxo
Olatz

No comments:

Post a Comment