Mar 13, 2016

DIY: Envelope Pocket

Hello there,


You can find now on the Dear Lizzy blog two different DIY ideas to create with her newest collection (DIY CACTUS PIÑATA and DIY: ENVELOPE POCKET).

It is not a secret that I LOVE to make mini albums of my little adventures around the world, or even about the little things in life. But, lately, I realized that not only I enjoy to look back at the photos, or to rediscover the story through the album, but also to bring back all the memories with gathered memorabilia along the way.
DIYenvelope1
The bright transparency from the new Happy Place line, gave me the idea to make a little cute envelope out of it. This is perfect to keep some tickets, business cards or even extra photos from my last summer vacation. It was super easy to make and I love the fun look of it. Let’s take a look on the steps to make this:
DIYenvelope2
1. Pick the width of the envelope and trim the paper down. I find that 4×6 or 4×5 it is a good size for most minis and it is normally big enough to fit the usual memorabilia. So, I cut the 12×12 transparency into a 12×4 stripe. You can use an envelope template to serve you as a guide as well.
DIYenvelope3
2. Fold the paper to create the pocket of the length you desire, and stitch the sides. Remember to leave a couple of inches on top in order to create a folded lid.
DIYenvelope4DIYenvelope5
DIYenvelope6
3. Now you have the basic structure completed. The tricky part is to choose how you want to close the envelope. In my case, I punched a couple of tiny holes to add two eyelets (one on the lid and one on the pocket) with a one-inch circle paper around. Then, I used a gold string that came with the Dear Lizzy tassels to tie the envelope shut.DIYenvelope7
4. As I final touch, I attached a couple of fun tassels from the Happy Place collection.
And done! Now go and grab some memorabilia and add this to your planner, a layout, a mini album, or even to your project life album (you can always punch two holes on a side or at the bottom to add it to a ring album). Let’s bring those memories alive! 
DIYenvelope8

No comments:

Post a Comment